A weird demo, showing no storyline, no particular style, some bugs and a (rather uncorellated) bunch of scenes and effects.
This demo was shown at Mekka&Symposium'2002 in Germany.
Can be downloaded from scene.org (8MB).
- Aras: dynamic geometry (metaballs, particles, spherical harmonics), music code, assembling final product.
- Paulius: boids (birds flocks).
- Renaldas: engine, graphical effects (volume lighting, realtime CSG, cel shading, hatching, etc), resource management, simple 3D modeling, assembling final prod.
- “Real time reflections” kinda thing. Actually it’s one dynamic cubemap per sphere, so everything is rendered 6*3+1=19 times.
- Look for the shafts of light… Render many alpha blended spheres and in this onion-like way get something that looks like volumetric light.
- CSG (constructive solid geometry) thing. The shot isn’t very good: it should show that through the blue-thing you see spheres subtracted from the cube. Actually it’s just fiddling with Z-buffer and culling modes.
- Hatched bear.
- Flocking birds (boids).
- A bit of random sphere manipulations - sines and cosines.
- 2D metaball-like thingie.
And some “development phase” shots - can’t be seen in the final demo: